Friday, March 1, 2013

MISSISSIPPI DELTA

I grew up in Montana but I have special memories of my grandmothers house in Mississippi.  It is a breath taking experience to suddenly find yourself surrounded by your great grandfather, grandmother, thirteen aunts and uncles plus their spouses and all of their children!  OH MY!  I will always remember my great grandfather in his powder blue suits, no matter how hot or humid he still wore that suit and walked as though nothing could ever touch him.  He was a true southern gentleman and had kind eyes and cotton wispy white hair.  I am taller then any of my other siblings and felt that something was wrong with me, now mind you I am also taller then my brothers but my mother would say I got her grandfathers genes and just be happy.  Standing next to him and feeling short and little as a child was so refreshing.  When I look in the mirror I see he eyes looking back at me and he blessed me that first summer with an ability to stand tall and accept that God has given me the height I have so that I can see the beauty most miss.  The ability to look over things most get hung up on and feel the gentle breeze on my face in a crowd. 

When I found the Mississippi Delta Blues sims in SL suddenly I was back in my childhood and the sights, smells, and joys of my summers in Mississippi came back to me.  There will never be a sunset as amazing as that first one seen with my family on my grandmothers porch or the last one seen from a Greyhound bus as we went back to Montana for the last time.  I walked around the sims just taking in the sights and found a blues club in the middle of a cotton field on the edge of an old southern town. I also found a Museum, train station, rentals, and shops.  Plus points of interest signs that explain major events, place, and people in the Blues.

"The Delta is strongly associated the blues. Go back in time to the 1940's,  ride the Steam train, travel down the Mississippi River on a boat or raft, listen to live blues music on the Cottonfield stage, explore the Main street and the Blues Museum Information Center with direct links to RL Blues sites with information regarding concerts, festivals, the Blues Commission and more.  Most importantly...come and relax;  enjoy yourself listen to the music and dance with friends!"~ From the Mississippi Delta Group

I could not find any information about DJ schedules or event times but I will be back to explore more and hopefully listen to some amazing Blues.

 



I am wearing the Shorty Sweater from sexZ, her contribution to this months {The Boobie Planet}.  This event only last until March 14th and usually has some wonderful deals for us Tango Ladies.  The pants are from Blueberry and I fell in love with them the moment I saw them!  The cute little cut out on the sides is very original and I love how the mesh hugged my shape.


TOP ~ ..:sexZ:..-ShortySweater_Pink w/Tango applier
PANTS ~ Blueberry Alexa *Mesh* Cut-Out Jeans Aqua
FEET ~ Slink Womens Natural Barefeet (Mesh Rigged)
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sanctum/84/94/503
BREASTS ~ Lolas ::: Tango ::: Mesh Breasts
HAIR ~ [LeLutka]-CANTO hair/Light Blonde
SKIN ~ Glam Affair - Amberly - w/ Lolas Tango Skin Applier
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Beauty%20Avatar%20couture/163/134/24
EYES ~ IKON Eternal Eyes - Peak
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Hot/250/82/38
NAILS ~ [:S&V:] Vanity Nails - Basic
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Avida/171/159/37
LASHES ~ Miamai_XGen Lashes_Lust
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sprout/144/112/33
EYECORNERS ~ MOJO
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/MOJO/33/123/27
POSE ~ Ma Vie. - Supremely Unleashed
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Beauty%20Avatar%20couture/163/134/24

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hanging with Princess

I played the gacha for the Black Bantam Westies and got a *[BB] Jet Black Westie Female that I named Princess.  Well she is a nasty dog w...