Sunday, June 24, 2012

SUMMER DREAMS

Summer it is a time of rising heat and less clothes.  It is a time for exploration and individuality.  Coffee with the friends in the piazza at the favorite caffè after a morning spent shopping and exploring all the wonderful stalls at the mercato all'aperto.  Days that melt into hot nights spent dancing to the pulsating rhythms flowing out of the clubs.  Women truly shine in summer.  We let our hemlines creep up, pull our hair back and allow our inner nymph out to play.  For me the ideal summer would be spent in Italy.  When I dream of my prefect summer it is spent in a little villa putting around on a scooter exploring not only the tourist hot spots but also the places that only the locals know about.    I was about 12 years old when this idea of my perfect summer took hold and I always saw myself in a little dress with a big bag and heels that cost what most people make in a month.  As with most little girls dreams change and we let go of the fantasies of youth, but Italy looms in the back of my mind a constant thought.  When Monica Outlander the artist behind Miamai released the Tare minidress again my perfect summer overwhelmed me and I could almost smell it, fill the heat of the sun on my face.



The Tare minidress has a flouncy skirt with a bodice ruffle which speaks of flirty fun. Her use of summer flowers takes inspiration from the season, bringing it to life in your every movement.  The plunging neckline is a perfect frame for a matinee length necklace. The entire effect of the dress making you feel like a summer flower waiting for the man of your dreams to come buzz about you.




I have to admit I purchased the Alice necklace and earrings by LaGyo unsure of what I would wear it with for this season.  I saw it at The Fairy Tales event and made an impulse purchase, something I honestly chide against doing.  But I am glad I did.  With its beautiful gems, flower buds, and leather string it is simply to adorable to pass up.  I love the texture change ability so the set can match multiple outfits.   




I completed the look with ::je::suis:: magnifique bangles and le printempts bag, and impossibly thin Roma stiletto shoes from Similar Italian Footwear.

DRESS ~ Miamai Tare City Girl Collection
NECKLACE & EARINGS ~ LaGyo Alice Necklace & Earrings (ITEMS AT FAIRY TALE EVENT)
BANGLES ~ ::je::suis::magnifique::bangles::oranges
BAG~ ::je suis... le printempts::Bag::OGlam Exclusive(LM TO BAG AT MAIN STORE)
SHOES ~ Similar Roma Shoes
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sleeping%20Beauty/172/189/24
HAIR ~ [BURLEY] Reena I Platinums (AT CHIC B-DAY EVENT)
SKIN ~ -Glam Affair- MIA (AT CHIC B-DAY EVENT)
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Beauty%20Avatar%20couture/128/128/2
LIPSTICK ~ Amacci - Pucker Lips - Tattoo 10 Apricot
LIPSGLOSS ~ ::( F ):: LipGloss 04 Light
EYES ~ IKON Horizon Eyes v2 - Pale Glass
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Hot/250/82/38
NAILS ~ [:S&V:] Vanity Nails - Basic
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Avida/171/159/37
LASHES ~ Miamai_XGen Lashes_Lust
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Amat/62/160/2001
EYECORNERS ~ MOJO
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/MOJO/33/123/27

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hanging with Princess

I played the gacha for the Black Bantam Westies and got a *[BB] Jet Black Westie Female that I named Princess.  Well she is a nasty dog w...