Saturday, September 24, 2016

Empty Streets

It has been so long since I did a blog I am not even sure if I remember how to blog!  So here we go.  Taking pictures in SL has changed so much at first I was overwhelmed and thought I was insane to try again.  However blogging is like a drug.  The styling of the outfit, finding the pose, hunting the location, and then finally taking the photo is almost a compulsion.  I sat for a moment and wondered why I had stopped blogging in the first place.  I know a huge part was event and designer demands preventing me from blogging what I preferred and honestly allot of the items I blogged I did not even like.  I think it showed sometimes.  Anyways I realized what a creative outlet this was for me and suddenly I missed blogging.  This need to blog started to grow in me slowly.  Little comments here and there from my friends about how my outfit needed to be shared.  Strangers suggesting I blog again.  Finally it was the moment when I had styled this outfit that I took the step back into blogging.  The photo is only cropped to size and untouched.  That was something I hated from before, the time spent fixing designers little bloopers in my programs so that the items looked right.  I did not enjoy it and a comment from my friend Mire was part of why I had stopped blogging, it made me sad and would not leave my mind. "You are as bad as those creators who present their items in a manner that is a lie and trick naive people like your sister Brie into buying crap."  My sweet sister Brie is famous for this and she is such a kind soul it really cut me deep.  Anyways time does heal and it made me realize that if I work on a photo in my programs I am going to say so.  I felt this was a fitting photo as a blogger coming back.  I feel that I was naïve before, now I am slightly jaded, a little bit cynical, and hopefully wiser.  I also feel as if I am walking empty streets alone.  



HOODIE & PURSE: [hh] Larkin Outfit
NAILS & POLISH:  {ZOZ} Fall Flowers Polish
BODY: Maitreya
HEAD:  CATWA
LOCATION: Cynful


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hanging with Princess

I played the gacha for the Black Bantam Westies and got a *[BB] Jet Black Westie Female that I named Princess.  Well she is a nasty dog w...